Monday, April 26, 2010

Formspring: When you're making face-to-face conversation with a guy for the first time, what are you most likely to want to know right off the bat?

His interests, mundane and carnal (if appropriate).

I want to be able to ensure an as worthwhile conversation as possible, and his interests could go a long way in, first, establishing whether he and I share any interests and, second, providing me with something to work off of in the conversation. They'll also let me know if I really want a longer conversation with him, or if I should either drop the conversation or steer him toward someone else with whom he has more in common.

This requires some forethought on my part though, so conversations I'm in will sometimes rely on the old reliables (the weather and current events).

No comments:

Post a Comment